2020 Art Curators Conference to be Held Virtually
The interactive platform will enable attendees to participate virtually in presentations, including live discussion-driven sessions, with opportunities for audience questions. In addition, each session will be recorded and accessible for attendees on artcurators.org for later viewing.
Registration to attend the virtual Art Curators Conference is open to members and non-members through April 27.
The 2020 Art Curators Conference schedule includes:
FRIDAY, MAY 1
- Panel: Curating in a De-Centered World
- Panel: Curating Indigeneity: Identity, Presence & Narratives
- Panel: Shifting Curatorial Practice Across Borders
- Keynote: Kaywin Feldman, Director, National Gallery of Art and Sasha Suda, Director and CEO, National Gallery of Canada, moderated by Judith Pineiro, Executive Director, AAMC & AAMC Foundation
- Panel: Latinx Art is American Art
- Panel: Local Voices
- Workshop: Inclusive Hiring Workshop
- Keynote: Vishakha Desai, President Emerita Asia Society and Senior Research Scholar in Global Studies, Columbia University, and Barbara Earl Thomas, Visual Artist and Writer, moderated by Chiyo Ishikawa, Susan Brotman Deputy Director for Art and Curator of European Paintings and Sculpture, Seattle Art Museum; Conference Benefit Committee Co-Chair
- Panel: Problematizing the “Global” Register Here >