GOVERNOR’S NEW EXECUTIVE ORDER:
Under this new EO the Governor has extended the state of emergency until June 20 and has included:
1. Enforcement of the Sector Rules for Re-Opening: Gives the local health director the authority to enforce the rules for any “public health facility” which are salons, barbershops, beauty shops, nail salons, spas, tattoos, piercings, restaurants, private clubs, any alcohol serving business. They will have the authority to close the facility if they are not following the sector rules. This will be considered a “public nuisance” and they will be able to shut down your business until the public nuisance has been “abated” and you have come into compliance with the sector rules.
2. Each town also will select a “municipal designee” that will also have the authority to close your business if you are a public nuisance until you come into compliance with sector rules.
3. Groups are still limited to 5 until June 20.
4. All gyms, fitness centers, indoor recreation centers, indoor movie theatres still closed until June 20.
5. Sale of alcoholic beverages as takeout and delivery permitted if you have alcohol permit and is allowed locally under open container ordinances.
6. All day camps, including town camps, cannot open until at least June 22. The State will provide guidelines for their operation including group sizes and health requirements soon.
7. Resident camps are prohibited indefinitely.
8. Summer school for public schools are closed until July 6. Private schools are encouraged to follow the same guidelines.
9. complete order: Governor Lamont’s Executive Order No. 7PPRead More on WindhamChamber.com